Monday, April 30, 2012

Last day of April...showers!

Well, it's the last day of the month...this year is just flying by! Unbelievable! The grass is so green, the flowers are up, and the birds are nesting already! And, it's ONLY APRIL! That's unusual for this neck of the woods....we never get our garden in before the last weekend of May, and as late as the 2nd week of June! So...this is a different kind of year for us all the way around. Too, I'm trying to make some commitments to our household this year...saving time and money with the things I can, without sacrificing everything! I love the homesteading concept; it's very true to my heart! I want to do my part to help others understand God's plan for our everyday lives...to live according to His plan...not ours! It's hard to step out and trust Him with everything I have...including the bills! I've always tried to work hard to get ahead...but, it gets me no where when I don't include Him in what I'm trying to do.
So, today I am 'praying it forward'! And shedding a few tears...or in this case...'April showers', that will bring May flowers...praise God for that!




I recently attended a "DIVA" retreat at our church in Manitowoc...Faith Church. It was both eye opening and affirming to me; that I was indeed going in the right direction, and needed to relinquish all control...not just the part I thought was doable. God wants ALL of me...not just PART of me! The first thing that caught my attention, was when you were asked if you thought you were a DIVA. I wasn't sure how to answer that; until the end of that day. And I was happy to say, "YES"....I am a DIVA!
D = Daughter of Christ
I = Imitator of Christ
V = Victoriuos in Christ
A = Alive in Christ
Ephesians 3:15 Being His Daughter IS KNOWING who you are in Christ.
Ephesians 5:1-2 Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are (I am) God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do GOOD WORKS, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2: 4-5 But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us ALIVE with Christeven when we were dead in transgressions- it is by GRACE that you HAVE BEEN SAVED.
In all of this, we were asked to write down some habits/distractions that pull you away from a full and abiding walk with Christ. And as well, we were asked to make a list of one-word evidences that you are ALIVE in Christ. If you feel compelled to answer any of these questions, I urge you to do so! You can't be afraid to step out, step up and allow your life to grow and flourish into a whole new creation, that is the YOU, you are meant to BE! Give it up to God...what ever it is that you're holding back from or onto...
and then, Go ahead, and repeat this prayer after me...."This is Your day, Lord. I am your workmanship. There are people today that will cross my path and there is something I will need to do to reflect your love. I am going to live for You. Direct my path. You are my righteousness." Now...say this every morning...and know, that you are LOVED! And you WILL MAKE IT, today!
Let it all hang out, girl...you are a DIVA! And don't you forget it!
Be not afraid...walk in love...and know that you were created for such a day as this! And BE the DIVA you were BORN TO BE...today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment